Friday, May 3, 2013

Question of the day: Can we eat banana slugs?


Last week, I went on a field trip with my school friends to CuriOdyssey. There we saw many banana slugs and since then I have been curious. This morning I asked my mom if we can eat banana slugs.

Mom did not know, so we pulled our ipad and searched using google. We found out that there is a particular Indian tribe that eats banana slugs. Some German immigrants also eat them. And they have a festival in California where they have banana slug races and also banana slug eating contests. Ewwww...

We also saw a video on banana slugs.

What else did I learn:
1. Banana slugs have tentacles and at the end of the tentacles they have their eyes
2. Banana slugs eat dead leaves, dead things
3. Raccoons, Ducks, Salamanders, Snakes eat Banana slugs
4. Banana slugs can hide and pretend dead if something falls on them



You can read more about banana slugs here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banana_slug 

No comments:

Post a Comment