Thursday, May 2, 2013

Update on my Martial Arts class!!!

I recently started my martial arts class and I have learnt a lot in just a short time. My kicks and punches are so much better! Today I received a black band on my belt. I dont know what that means but I cannot wait to get my first orange belt like the other kids in my group.

Things I can do and follow well
1. Attention
2. Yes Ma'am
3. Ready pose
4. Kneeling pose
5. Front kicks
6. Double punches
7. Running to the color lines
8. Meditate

I need to work on my side kicks and alternate leg kicks with punches.




Mommy's notes: Amazing how this little guy has picked up so fast. Martial arts is the only physical activity I want Rehaan in. I dont want him growing to be in any sports teams where I know my investment in his valuable time wont be worthwhile if he is not going to make a career out of it. Besides Martial Arts will improve his focus, attention, concentration and will teach him self respect, respect others, being humble and disciplined. It is a life science that will help him in all other areas. I am committed in seeing Rehaan excel in martial arts for a long time to come, perhaps for several years leading up to his late teens. So I have ruled out enrolling him in soccer, baseball,etc. In this sport, he will be competing against himself, getting better each time.

On Saturday, Rehaan has a special segment of his martial arts class which includes use of weapons, flips, etc. I am not sure what it is but cannot wait to find out! Rehaan has his first sparring class tomorrow!

1 comment: